Wednesday, September 10, 2008

more fun quotes

George Jonad, on Femininity, Beethoven's Mask pg 117:

Once I told Father that I was dating a bright girl.
"How bright?" he asked.
"An IQ of 130, maybe more," I said proudly.
"Drop her instantly," said Father, "This minute. I beg of you."

He swivelled on the piano stool to face me. "Brains are a burden," he continued, "to both men and womean. However, men are a little sturdier. They can cope with a slightly larger quantity of grey matter. Men usually start cracking around and IQ of 150. Women begin showing the strain around 125.

"Some people think that intelligent women aren't attractive. That's baseless prejudice. Intelligent women can be beautiful, and often are. They can also be affectionate lovers and excellent cooks. The problem's different"

"A woman of high IQ is likely to be unstable. Not always, obviously, but nine times out of ten. She'll be given to swings of mood and fits of temper--if not outright hallucinations. Steer clear."



"Figures often beguile me," Twain wrote, "particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'"



http://www.overheardinnewyork.com/archives/007251.html

Yet for Some Reason, Not When It's Burning Three Inches from My Face

Asian chick: Do you have an extra cigarette?
Tall dude: Yeah, sure.
Asian chick: Do you have a light?
Tall dude: Yeah, here you go.
Asian chick: Can you light it for me? I'm afraid of fire.

--Cosmic Cantina, Park Slope

Overheard by: worst pick up line ever

No comments: