Thursday, July 24, 2008

Strange Dreams

David came back, and as always, I slept a lot, kind of a decompression, a relaxation of myself. When i sleep a lot, I get strange dreams. So let me try to write this one down. In this dream, my maternal grandmother and my female first cousin are meeting me at a house. The house isn't really large or small, but most of it occurs in the upstairs, which is primarily without furniture except for a double bed and there is another room downnstairs where they made a room up for myself and David. The bed where I am staying upstairs is the one I am dreaming I am laying in. It is dark, kind of in an attic, and there is a balcony to the outside with stairs from the first floor. I sense a backyard, but there are curtains. David is also coming home, but I am unable to fully wake up and talk to anyone. The house is occupied by two men, I believe they are my old boyfriend andy's friends from college but instead they take the role of my friends, who used to dislike Andy's friends. But they are male. So, My grandmother and my cousin and David are not there yet. They give me this bed to sleep in until everyone arrives and then they are preparing a room to sleep in.

In reality, in waking life, my grandmother has been dead for many years and suffered Alzheimers for many years before then. David arrived but I could not really wake up, i just remember my friends coming up and kind of bitching about him. Then my grandmother came into my room, and I could not move. I was awake, and worked very hard to get off the bed to say hello. She saw me waking up and I reached my hands up so she could pull me up. She was able to do this with a strong grasp. Then I went out onto the balcony and had a cigarette and talked with her, I do not remember what about. Then I went back to sleep. Then David came back and said they had made a room for us, and I acknowldeged that and went back to sleep, again. I kept trying to get up. Then my cousin, who was also younger than she is now, arrived and I tried to get off the bed. She could not pull me up. I made a large effort to raise myself and then of course woke up from the dream.

I also recall an earlier dream where David and myself were living/moving into a larger house, and it was in kind of a weird suburb, there were woods, the house was wood, but still too many neighbors with similiar houses for me to feel happy. I think we had a golf course adjoining the backyard of this house.

I cannot really interpret these dreams, but i did wake up and tell david that we had to move all the excess boxes to quan's apartment and all the other stuff cluttering my living room When i woke up. He said he already knew that i had been thinking that.
Maybe all of the new stuff in here, the nice bed, the clutter, makes me feel that i am moving in again.

Anyhow, I can clean up what I have better if we get all the unnecessary stuff out and move it into the basement instead of the first floor. Quan, our neighbor left for China and his apartment is paid for until the end of July. Thank God I can get the stuff out of my house so I can clean up what I want and then have the other stuff in the basement.

P.S. when one is dreaming their body is literally paralyzed to keep them from acting out the movements in their dream. So when one is slightly lucid, and unable to really wake up, sometimes this happens. At least to me I have had several dreams where I know I need to fully operate, adn when I work on actually moving, I wake up.

More fun pictures later...haha.

No comments: